A little more on Saturday’s marches: Invariably, each person marches for his/her/their own reasons. That’s okay; we don’t have to, and won’t, agree on every issue.
We were struck by the hopeful note many marchers struck at the San José, California march, with lots of statements of core values and of fellowship. Here are a few we loved:
(All pictures by Eva for .smallstones.)
The signs say:
- Love is greater than fear.
- Strong Together.
- I’m marching for dignity and civil rights. No exceptions.
- Respect existence or expect resistance.
- Love, not hate, makes America great.
- We all belong here. We will defend each other.
- Our lives begin to end the day we become silent.
- There is nothing more urgent than freedom.
- Peace, not prejudice (in Arabic, Russian and English). Listen. Respect. Friendship. Equality.